Why is your personal brand so important?
Simply put, this is how you present yourself to the world. The term “branding” used to be reserved for businesses and star power, but of course now personal branding has become essential to many (Castrillon, 2019). A personal brand is the unique combination of skills and experiences that make you who you are. This is how you come across to the public.
Is your personal brand in line with what others perceive?
Here are eight succinct ways for you to make a strong first impression, differentiate yourself from the competition, and to build trust with your customer base.
- Be consistent. People depend on you. Show up in the same way every day.
- Communicate well and build trust. Develop excellent communication skills. Then be sure to follow through with what you say.
- Set goals! It’s difficult to stay on track if you don’t know where you are going.
- Be aware of your physical presence. What are your blind spots? Where can you improve?
- Understand and follow your values. Where is your line in the sand? It’s helpful to know this before things get messy.
- Stay connected and remain authentic. Continue to nurture those strong connections while maintaining your own sense of self.
- Maintain your visibility in your networks while building new connections. Demonstrate how you can share your talents with others.
- Be supportive to those who are looking for help.
Branding is no longer just for big corporations, stars, and sports figures. Building your own personal brand will assist you in a multitude of ways. Use your online tools and personal presence to promote your personal brand. You will begin to gain name recognition, attract the attention of your ideal audience, and build trust and consistency while demonstrating how you are different from others. This can be a great asset to you in growing your business.
Woodland Strategies provides consulting services for strategic planning, marketing and leadership coaching. We specialize in startups, small businesses and non-profits. Contact us today to learn how we can assist you in developing your own personal brand.