Visual tools are an excellent way to gauge what is happening within your organization. Think about your customer and their lifecycle with your brand. Your customer’s perception of your brand is a key component to your success as an organization—no matter the size of your firm or your industry. Relationships such as these start early and can go beyond any one sale. The customer journey map can be a very effective took to add to your organizational resources for leadership to make informed decisions in a variety of areas of your customer’s experience with your overall brand.
Consider the following questions. These may likely influence your customer’s perception of your brand.
- What events have shaped the personality of your organization?
- What analogies describe your company?
- What feedback have you received from customers?
- How do you feel about your customer service?
- How do your customers feel about your customer service?
- Do you measure your Return on Investment and Key Performance Indicators for your marketing strategy?
- Has your company or organization received any referrals lately?
- What is your competition up to these days?
Take a moment to list five to ten “micro moments” that have brought your brand to life within the past month. These moments can reflect all stages of the customer interaction with your brand, from industry awareness, to market research, to the first purchase, to a referral. These are some of the stages of a customer journey map.
The customer journey map is a kind of roadmap to illustrate how customers engage with your brand. This is a significant and often wise investment. Insights such as these can help you maintain the competitive advantage.
Empower yourself in the marketplace. Mapping your customer’s journey can provide you with all kinds of opportunities to measure what is working, and prospects for change. It is an effective tool for leadership to utilize to make informed decisions about strategy.
Contact Woodland Strategies for more information on this type of investment for your continued growth.